Welcome to the North Woods! My name is Janis and I’m a Christian country gal with a flare for the creative! I am the author of four poetry books. all under my maiden name of Janis I. Monroe:
- Day & Night: A Collection of Nature Poetry
- Heat of the Night: A Collection of Poetry on Love
- Everlasting Arms: A Collection of Religious Poetry & Lyrics
- Curious Perceptions: Poetry Inspired by Life Experiences, Emotions, & Thoughts
and two nonfiction history book:
- The History of Sackets Harbor, NY
- Reflections of the Heart — Kindle version published in 2017, paperback published in January of 2019
Aside from being the author of several poems, lyrics and a nonfiction history book, I have several ideas for at least one nonfiction book on fibromyalgia and many more fictional stories that I’m not sure if they will be short stories, or novels. Aside from writing, I’m a stay at home mom and wife, photographer, book lover, cook & baker who strives to follow God wherever He may lead.
In this blog, you will see posts related to my writing journey such as what projects I’m on, if I’m participating in Camp NaNo, or NaNoWriMo, as well as links to blog posts, or news articles in the writing and publishing field I find interesting and insightful. I do suffer from fibromyalgia and for those who don’t know it is a chronic body-wide pain and fatigue syndrome. Unfortunately, this means I can’t write as often as I’d like, but that doesn’t mean I can’t take small steps toward writing another novel and publishing. It just means It will take me longer. But I’ll get there! Please join me on this writing adventure!